We currently have around 200 established niche Travel Organisers trading in the UK. ABTOT members range from SMEs trading less than £250k to over £200m a year.
- ABTOT is an approved body (approved by Department for Business, Energy and Industrial strategy) which oversees the bonding process to ensure that a Travel Organisers bond is at an adequate level to meet insolvency requirements as defined by The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
- Our aim is to provide a flexible, personal and efficient process and product for Travel Organisers to comply with the regulations.
- Our Travel Bonds and Financial Failure Insurance are underwritten by our sister company Travel and General Insurance Services Limited (t&g) who provide travel bonds to around 700 travel companies in the UK and Ireland.
- Our ABTOT ATOL franchise is up to 1,000 passengers per year in conjunction with ABTOT Merchant Acquiring Facilities. A higher number of passengers per year can be offered on a case by case basis. ABTOT members can apply for an ATOL through their ABTOT membership without having to meet the CAA’s increased bonding, financial criteria and audit requirement.
We are skilled at providing the most appropriate travel bonding solutions for niche tour operators which is why so many ABTOT members specialise in:
- Adventure Travel
- Cultural, Creative and Art Tours
- Luxury Travel
- Responsible Tourism
- Safari & Wildlife
- Ski and Winter sports
- Accommodation only – Villas, Hotels
ABTOT understands the challenges of SMEs and can provide flexible payment options.
Our business development team take time to understand each applicant’s business before recommending a bonding solution and can be contacted anytime between 09:00 am and 17:00 Monday to Friday.