More about ABTOT
Introducing our teamLearn more
Directory of members
Check our ABTOT membership directory and search for a protected travel organiserFind an ABTOT protected member
Find a holiday
We are confident that one of our specialist ABTOT protected travel organisers holds the key to your next wonderful holidaySearch our Travel Portal
ABTOT is pleased to introduce our affiliate partners.
Each partner has been carefully chosen to provide beneficial services for you, with the dual aims of adding value to our membership and helping to raise ABTOT’s profile in the industry.
If you would like to take advantage of our affiliate services; brief details of which are included below, please contact the affiliate directly and advise you are an ABTOT member.
The Travel Advice Centre
020 7962 9934
020 7962 9495
The Travel Advice Centre was set up in 1988 solely with the aim of supporting small and medium sized businesses with complaint handling and customer service issues. They can offer full support with any issues from the most minor complaints about hotels to sickness and injury claims. The company assist with investigations, replies to client communications and even recovery of compensation from suppliers if appropriate.
- Free access to a helpline for advice (4 calls a year).
- Discounted fee of £100, inclusive of all communications and incidental expenses, for handling a complaint (excluding personal injury or sickness complaints which will cost £150).
Dispute Settlement Services
Dispute Settlement Services Limited is a small independent consultancy specialising in consumer affairs and related travel subjects. The ABTOT Arbitration Service is a service for tour operators who are members of the Association and their customers who find themselves in dispute over holiday arrangements.
It is a ‘documents only’ scheme and offers a simple and inexpensive method of settling disputes by the appointment of an independent Arbitrator to examine the facts and give a ruling quickly, without too much formality and without resorting to expensive litigation and in an atmosphere which can result in the retention of goodwill by both parties.
020 7937 6981
Campbell Irvine Limited are independent experts in providing bespoke insurance and risk solutions.
A well established and well regarded intermediary with offices in London and Essex.
They have a number of specialist products for travel organisers and a long standing supportive relationship with ABTOT Limited.
Campbell Irvine have a commercial insurance department, call centre and fulfilment facilities as well as a consumer facing travel insurance department.
01183 800 140
Pharos Response provides risk and reputation management services to the travel, adventure, student and gap year sectors. It provides invaluable support to travel operators in the immediate aftermath of major incidents through its range of integrated services to help minimise the impact on the people involved, the wider organisation and its ongoing reputation.
Under the guidance of highly experienced professional and incident managers, additional resources and services can be accessed as required including 24/7 telephony resilience, strategic incident counsel, health and safety advice, crisis PR, trauma counselling, social media and practical field support.
Specially arranged discounts are available to ABTOT members for details please contact the ABTOT office or Pharos direct.
M B Law
Nafisha Alli on 0113 242 4444
Claire Ingleby on 0113 242 4444
MB Law are specialist solicitors in travel and leisure. They have published a number of leading articles about travel industry related issues which can be accessed via their website. MB Law comment:
“We are a full service firm. We deal with all legal issues which arise in the course of operating a travel or leisure business. Our team of lawyers are experts. Many of them started their careers in these industries and all have a sound understanding of the commercial challenges our clients face.
We also represent the insurance companies which insure the travel and leisure industries, including specialist Lloyds underwriters and larger scale composites who undertake specialist risks. We do not act for consumers against the industries we serve.”
- ABTOT members can subscribe to a legal advice helpline for £125 plus VAT a year. Forms for subscription available from the Membership Secretary.
Partner, Head of Travel Group
0207 861 4546
Field Fisher operate across their offices in Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, UK and the US. They are a European law firm with market leading practices in the following sectors: Travel, Technology, Financial services, Energy and Natural Resources.
Rhys Griffiths – Partner and Head of Travel Group at Field Fisher has worked his way up through the business and is regarded as an expert within his sector, regularly writing articles on areas like the PTRs.
Senior Account Director
0207 395 9639
Accord provide marketing agency services including: offline planning, buying, print, TV, radio, outdoor, direct marketing and also online SEO, PPC, email marketing, programmatic, social media, creative, and data analysis.
- Free Creative – 25% off advertising design fees including idea conceptualisation, design development and production of templates for press or online banners. (approx. saving of £1-£2k) Offered on media budget of £10k per month and over.
- Market review – free of charge market review worth approx. £4k (this gives an overview of where the client stands in the marketplace based upon online activity against competitor sites). This can be tailored to suit the ABTOT member. Offered on media budgets of £10k per month and over.
- SEO audit – Free of charge SEO audit worth £1k. Offered on SEO budgets of £2k per month and over.
- PPC audit – free of charge PPC audit worth £2k. The formats of audits vary by client needs. Offered on PPC budgets of £3k per month and over.
0207 378 4805
UKAMS can provide preferential media buying services to members and also potentially become a new business generator.
- There is no cost to ABTOT members in working with UKAMS, as media buying agencies generally get paid by the titles, not the clients.
National Partnerships Manager
07872 20992 20665
Holiday Extras can provide numerous services to members including: discounted airport hotels, airport parking, airport lounge access, destination car hire and holiday insurance as its core offerings. Arrangements for seven million travellers are made every year, with over 90% of these bookings coming from their website.
- On-site parking = 10% commission for our members
- Off-site parking = 14% commission for our members
- Exceptions (BHX, LHR and LGW onsite) = 7.5% commission for our members
- Hotels and Lounges = 14%
Farina Azam, Partner
0113 258 0033
Travlaw LLP is one of the largest law firms acting solely for the Travel Industry. They have been top ranked in Chambers UK for a number of years as far as the Travel Sector is concerned. They are friendly, approachable and extremely knowledgeable in terms of legal issues affecting the travel industry, and have an extensive and high profile client base.
- Free helpline for telephone advice up to 30 minutes
- 15% discount on booking conditions and supplier invoice queries
Grant Thornton UK LLP
Manager, Business Growth Services
020 7728 2179
G has been developed by leaders of small businesses and Grant Thornton to help companies to achieve their growth ambitions. Grant Thornton has worked with thousands of small and medium sized businesses, supporting them to achieve rapid and sustainable growth both in the UK and internationally.
G work with you through a dedicated account manager to provide proactive support, insights, tools and services to help grow your business whilst supporting your personal goals. Their powerful global network of people, capabilities and insights can help dynamic businesses to save time and embrace growth opportunities.
Tranquilico.com can help ABTOT members with:
- H&S due diligence manual – an electronic document containing all procedures, documents and a health & safety logo.
- H&S training course so that your own staff can carry out physical inspections and audits of suppliers.
- Access to a comprehensive self-assessment audits system, tailored to the company requirements, through e-pass4, (the Property Audit Safety System).
- Crisis management plan development, covering resources, people, programme, risks roles and responsibilities, media and IT.
- Crisis management workshops for staff with desktop simulations and case studies.
- A fully immersive crisis management simulation bespoke to your company.